Losing audio when Overwriting a Datecode

Paul Glagla’s contributions Forums Forum about DVdate Losing audio when Overwriting a Datecode

The DVdate Forum is dedicated to discussing this Paul Glagla's software. If your question or comment  does not concern directly DVdate, please focus on other forums.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rodney Kapp
    Participant

Hello. I’m new to DVdate. I have some avi files that were captured from MiniDV tapes. The avi files all play fine, but have incorrect date codes by several years (2003 –> 1996). When I attempt to overwrite the datecode by Convert –> Overwrite a datecode, it seems to be a very slow process. It gets to 21% on the status line and after awhile (on 21%), abruptly ends. The resulting file plays fine during the 1st ~21% of the video, but then the audio cuts out afterwards and there is no more audio for the remaining video. For example, the video is 24:32 total. There is audio until the 5:19 mark and then the audio cuts out and never returns.

It seems the Overwrite a datecode is having trouble completing and thus, causing a problem with the audio in the file. Can anyone tell me if I’m doing something wrong, if this is a known bug, or if there is a fix for this issue?

Rodney Kapp
    Participant

After more testing, apparently the hanging of the conversion and partial removal of the audio when overwriting a datecode is due to file size. All of my avi files that were 2.3 GB or smaller converted without hanging and the audio fully intact. All of my avi files 4.4 GB and larger hung during conversion and were partially missing audio. At this point, I have no avi files between 2.3 GB and 4.4 GB.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.