Possible bug in DVDate for srt extraction

Paul Glagla’s contributions Forums Forum about DVdate Possible bug in DVDate for srt extraction

The DVdate Forum is dedicated to discussing this Paul Glagla's software. If your question or comment  does not concern directly DVdate, please focus on other forums.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Will
    Participant

I’ve run into what I think may be a bug in DVDATE. If I create two identical files in Scenalizer with one being type 1 and the other being type 2, only the type 1 generates the SRT with the datecode accurately to the frame. The type 2 SRT is different than the type 1 SRT by a 1-4 frames in several spots depending on the length. This is very obvious for DV files that have appended segments with gaps in the datecode as the Type 1 SRT will jump to the correct time on the very frame that is the next segment, but the Type 2 SRT will be a couple frames off perhaps displaying the previous date for a frame or two. You can use something like beyond compare to compare the two SRT’s. Also, I’ve noticed that the type 1 to type 2 conversion in DVDATE isn’t creating compliant AVI files as may applications reject it. I can usually fix this by converting it to type 1 in Scenalyzer and back to type 2 in Scenalyzer which does create compliant type 1 and type 2 files.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.